It's been awhile since I've last posted. And there is a reason. It's been a full year since I started couponing and I've enjoyed each and every week. I started this blog in Feb 2011 and thought I'd be blogging about all the great deals nationally and in town. Like alot of things in my life, I have great intentions and hopes, but reality can smack me in the face.
So, I've been doing some thinking about it all and I've learned a few things along the way.
1. There are FABULOUS blogs out there on the Internet. A new revelation for someone who never read one until last fall.
2. I don't want to reinvent the wheel. Again, too many great blogs. Don't want to be a repeat.
3. I don't want to be stuck to my computer all day. Yes, I love searching the web, but writing plus searching can gobble up time, FAST. The whole point of me quitting my business was to be home with my kids and slow down. Not just add one more "job" to my list of Mom, Wife, Housekeeper, Cook, Nurse, etc.
4. Writing INTERESTING blog articles takes time. You can't just sit and write. It takes time, patience, and a bit of quiet. The last of which, I lack in a house with 3 kids unless its before 6am or after 9pm. Neither of which time frame I functional well in.
5. I love blogging. But not just about couponing. I love writing about all the great and wonderful things I do as a Mom and Wife. Couponing, crafting, cooking, baking, thrift store shopping, and the normal day to day with the kids.
So, after a few weeks off, I have decided to refocus my blog. Rather than focusing on couponing, I'll be offering a bit about all things frugal with a family. Whether its saving money on groceries, gift for teachers, fun date nights, or thrift store finds.
The goal for my husband and I is to get out of debt. As fast as we can. And we want to stay focused on that goal. That is one of the reasons I started to write this blog. To keep me accountable.
So, hope you like the new twist. My goal is to post 3 times per week. Sometimes I'll make my goal, and realistically, there will be weeks when it may not happen. I'm learning and life hiccups are bound to happen. I appreciate your patience and readership. I hope to have lots more fun writing and you guys have lots more fun reading.